Streamlining Warehouse Management for the Clothing Business
November 28, 2019 6:08 pm
There has been a period of growth projected within the market for apparel sales in North America over the next five years. This means that companies in this industry will not only be ensuring that they have the highest efficiency in their cataloging and inventory systems, but are also looking for more expedient and effective industrial storage solutions in their warehouses.
Flexibility and Use of Space
Industrial storage shelves are ideal for warehouses that store apparel and can be custom designed to fit the needs of any clothing business. There are several specific concerns that require consideration in a busy apparel sales company. First, the apparel business has a lot of shifting needs. It is highly important to have flexibility in terms of storing clothing, based on changing seasons and types of inventory. In this case, industrial storage systems that have interchangeable components offer many options for flexibility within the warehouse space. Another important factor is maximizing the space available. A work platform such as a mezzanine utilizes valuable space that is usually wasted and can double floor space, providing high functionality in the warehouse, as well as an opportunity to save money.
Features of a Work Platform Mezzanine Industrial Storage Solution
- A two-level work platform mezzanine can optimize storage space and also provide an enclosed workspace or break room.
- Work platforms are installed with a column and beam structure that carries the load and enforces stability.
- Typically, a mezzanine work platform costs less than 30% of the price of a new building.
- It is designed to meet all of the requirements in terms of impact resistance and seismic zones.
- There are two types to choose from, the hybrid or the structural. The difference is basically that the structural mezzanine is recommended for higher loading requirements.
- Specific measures can be taken to make an enclosed workspace in a mezzanine computer friendly.
There are many reasons that an apparel company would desire a closed space for work purposes. The most obvious is a supervisory office space with a view of the warehouse floor, or a clean space, free of lint and fibers, but another reason is to provide a calm and quiet space and take a breather. Fashion changes with each season, and there is no end to the number of different products and accessories that will need to be accounted for. It is easier to receive products in an enclosed workspace before putting them away in their appropriate industrial storage shelves. One of the benefits of enclosed space is the ability to concentrate on checking quantities and labels, and assuring quality, as well as pairing items that have been shipped separately but are to be sold together. In addition to this, it is necessary to think about the inevitability of receiving returns as well.
Western Pacific Storage Solutions can aid you in designing a functional warehouse space with flexible industrial storage shelves, and an enclosed office space, break room or workroom so that you and your team can focus on what you do best, provide quality products and excellent service to your customers. Contact us to discuss the industrial storage solutions that will best suit your apparel sales company.
Categorised in: Uncategorized